Thursday, August 14, 2008

July 15, 2008 Two days and counting...




Well, I've been on patrol now for two days. I have an FTO (field training officer) who does most everything right now. I mainly just shadow and learn. I have got to engage myself a few times though. On Sunday night/early Monday morning, after a few SWAT guys executed a search warrant, all us newbies were able to go route around through this guys house looking for any guns or ammunition. Afterall, he got arrested for making threats to kill his neighboors below him. It was very interesting.
On my second night we responded to another gun call involving parties who were protected from another. This was pretty intense for a short period of time. My FTO who is also in SWAT, responded with a few other SWAT and TAC guys into the house while the rest of us had our guns drawn and watched the windows and doors for anyone trying to avoid our 1 a.m. greeting. Well, not much came of this call in the end, but it was exciting while it lasted.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Youngest of twelve children. Enough said.