Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Family Affair

This was a good week for me.

I got to kick in my first door (Wake up call!) as well as get into my first foot pursuit.

One incident inparticular was quite interesting.

Myself and some other officers get some intel that this 19 year old punk is staying back at his mom's house. He has three warrants for his arrest. Now, I've dealt with this family before. They are very anti-cop. We had to do a search warrant on their vehicle once and the entire time they are telling us to "F" off, etc.

So we get to the house and sure enough the kid is in there. We go to grab onto him, he kicks his wooden window out, jumps through it, and begins to take off. The other officer who is in front of me, closest to the window is a bit older. Me, I'm thinking, "Yes, my first foot pursuit!" And I'm roaring to go. This older officer sighs, pulls out his radio, advises the foot pursuit, then slowly makes his way out of the window. I'm doing all I can to not push him out the window so I can begin chasing after him. Eventually I am out the window along with 5 other cops as were chasing this kid. Finally we get him trapped at a fence. He gets cuffed and placed under arrest. I couldn't be having a better time.

Now, two days later...same family. We have cause to arrest the mother for rendering criminal assistance in trying to keep us from getting to her son, the runner, two days earlier. We also have cause to arrest his brother for a hit and run I investigated on Halloween. Now, it's much better to arrest them because then you do not have to write an affidavit (a.k.a. saves you from writing a hell of a lot of paper work!), an affidavit turns into a warrant.

We knock on the door, the other brother comes out in his underwear. We quickly tell him he's under arrest for hit/run. As were doing this the mom gets so mad she comes out in her underwear. We grab a hold of her but she starts fighting back, trying to hold onto the door so we cannot get control of her. Now her husband who is lying on the couch, and the worst cop hater of all is screaming at us. We finally get her out the door. She is only in her underwear. An officer says to a daughter, get her some pants, but instead, the dad is sooo mad he screams at the daughter to shut the door, all while trying to "sick" his dog on us. It was made for a COPS episode.

Two arrests, mom and son, both in their underwear. I wrapped a blanket around the mom, even though she called me a "B" the whole time. I guess she didn't see the generosity in it....I was just trying to reunite her and her son with her other son who was booked two days ago!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so crazy!!!

Unknown said...

I don't even have to as who these people probably voted for today! So scary!

Is it just so unreal to see that people really truly live like this? it freaks me out (and makes me glad for my somewhat sheltered life)
ps- thanks for the call yesterday. I am just on eyear hotter.

Wendyburd1 said...

WOW, sounds scary, but like you loved IT!! Yay Tiff! It sounded like you wanted to push the old cop down so you could make tracks, LOL!! Outta the way oldie!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great to see a young eager rook. Especially one out in the prowl alone for a change. I hated riding with a TO and I hated being a TO.

I'll be adding you to my blog-roll ... and keeping tabs on you. Please keep up the writing.

~Paul

Unknown said...

wanted to send a blog post that reminded me of you- this girl is amazing! Plus she wrote a book that sounds interesting...here you go when you get a minute.
http://chrisandlisac.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-sister-jill.html

loveya!

About Me

My photo
Youngest of twelve children. Enough said.