Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hide and Go Seek

I know I haven't written anything here in a while, but I've been pretty busy. Last night was no exception, however it was a blast!

Me and a fellow officer are searching this house for a guy with a warrant. His mom is following us around very nervously. The mom is only getting more nervous as we get to the last room in the home. She is trying to protect her son, the one we are trying to arrest for multiple warrants.
So now my partner is talking to the mom telling her to relax and sit down. We go through the last room in the house but not finding anything. There is junk, clothes, beds, and endless doors to look in/under/through. I get to the last closet and quickly throw open the door.
There he is. Standing there, no clothes on but a pair of boxers. We were warned previously about this guy who is a known runner and also owns a handgun.
So we don't mess around. I shine my light in his face, give him some very brief commands and begin to pull him out of the closet and onto the ground. In an instant my partner is with me and we are able to wrestle this squirley guy to the bed where we get him cuffed up.
It was so fun, my partner and I are so excited. This guy just got had by two rookie cops. It was a blast!
This job reminds me of a game I use to play growing up. Sure, a bit more dangerous now, but just as fun!

So that's what's been taking up all of my time, in case the few of you who read this were wondering where I've been for the past two weeks. Tommorrow is court for me, so it will be another long night of graveyard followed by a quick turn around to the court room.

5 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

Yay Tiff, I've missed you! Sounds very exciting though!! Glad it went safely!!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh. I rememebr those games! Except I bet handcuffs work better then socks tied around the wrists, and the jail is probably a little better than the sauna. I am just guessing, though.

Miss Tiff said...

I don't know...remember how scary the sauna was? I always thought I would be attacked by tarantualas.

Unknown said...

Tiff- the one at 2:19, it shows the after pic of the guy with tons of crazy hair and a beard....Parker burst out laughing and said.."Geico!" just like a true Burton poking fun at someone in need.....

they should show this in high schools! (minus the Mr Nean pic)

Unknown said...

I meant Mr BEAN pic...

About Me

My photo
Youngest of twelve children. Enough said.