Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2 Days Until The BIG Day

So it's December 23rd. There is a few feet of snow piled up outside my house. Our Christmas tree is up, decorated, and filled with presents. Yet it doesn't really feel to Christmasy around here. I love remembering when you are young how exciting Christmas time is. Not just Christmas day and it's presents, but I actually think I enjoyed just as much, or more, the decorating for Christmas season.

All the family would help out. We'd get our big old rusty ladder inside in order to reach the top of our very tall, and very Charlie Brown-esque, Christmas tree. We would line out window sills with rolls of cotton and lay out a ceramic Christmas scene and village.

Here, now, it's just not as exciting. And that's not meant to sound sad or anything, I think both me and Ivan are so busy that Christmas just kind of snuck up on us. Any how, I'm wishing all of you a Merry Christmas. I hope you and your kids (if you have them) enjoy their day!

2 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

Christmas didn't sneak up per se, but I sweae December 25th did. I know...oxymoron, but it just feels like that!

Unknown said...

Nothing can ever match the feeling we had in anticipation of Christmas in our house....we were so over the top escited...but believe me, kids change all that. Christmas is magical again. Hope your day was even better then you expected it to be! (and maybe you should find a tree chirper for next year!)

About Me

My photo
Youngest of twelve children. Enough said.