Friday, September 12, 2008

Finiculi Finicula Chef Burtoni's Kitchen

Well another weekend has past and again I felt like I didn't get much accomplished.

Ivan was out traveling for his new job. I was home alone and somehow turned into a huge nerd. I played XBOX Live all weekend. I stayed up to 4 a.m. drinking can after can of diet coke, all while trying to play Call of Duty against teenage boys who play way to often.

I did have to go into work for five hours today. It was shotgun and handgun training. Nothing to bad. It was kind of fun, we had to jump out of our cars and shoot at targets on the beep. It's nothing like they show on the movies though, however it's pretty great getting paid to do that kind of stuff!

On another note, This weekend I turned into my dad! I don't know what came over me. When Ivan came home I decided I wanted to cook him an awesome dinner. Now, about the only thing I know how to cook is Ramen Noodles and homeade calzones (homeade dough and everything.)This time I wanted to try an awesome calzone that was more authentic italian cuisine than the type of calzones I normally bake.

My dad, who made me believe I was Italian until about Freshmen year of high school, taught me the most important thing when cooking Italian food is to have on Italian music. So in his footsteps I had some Pavarotti cranked, blowing out the speakers. Flour is getting thrown around the kitchen as I poorly try to toss the dough like a true Italian. However, in the end I ended up with a nice tasting pesto calzone. One of my favorite yet! Ivan liked it too, thank goodness!

As for the Pavarotti, Ivan just thought I was a little nuts as I bellowed out "Finiculi Finicula" at the top of my lungs, and repeated the two words over and over again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We were so confused with our origin! Lynnae thought she was Swiss (or Danish or something) and you felt you were Italian. What is up with that?

Did you wave your hand around and speak random phrases really loud with an Italian accent? THAT is what I remember about Chef Burtoni. Strangely, I too, sometimes fall into the 'speaking in tongues' trap. My kids swear they hate it... but they always laugh.

Shannon said...

That's awesome Tiff. You may need to give a Calzone lesson next time your in town.

I love the accents. Rich looked at me like I was from another planet on Saturday when I programmed my handsfree phone device to speak in British English. I'm not realy good at Italian though. Most my accents come out sounding like a vampire with a speech impediment.

chiccam said...

Love the music girl!!!

chiccam said...

By the way...I secretly think I have something to do with your diet coke addiction.

Love the background!

About Me

My photo
Youngest of twelve children. Enough said.