Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hiking



Ivan and I went for a hike this weekend....



Well attempted.



He was so cute with wanting to suprise me with the hiking location. But with a suprise comes an unprepared hiker. It rained and I didn't have my rain coat. Oh well. That was minimal.


He decided to take me to Colville National Forest and we did some hiking there. He wanted to take a short cut. Must I go into detail?

An hour and a half later we get to our destination.


We start our hike. It's pretty, it's warm weather even with the occasional rain drops. My dog, Akai, is loving it.


Then I ask, "Isn't this bear country up here? Should we be making alot of noise to scare of the bears and cougers?" He tells me we should be fine. He is just trying to convince me not to be worried though he is just as worried as I am.


20 minutes into the hike I see a bear paw print....then another. These things are huge.


I'm a bit nervous, Ivan is too.


We decide to call it quits and come back again when we are properly equipped.


Bells to ward off animals, bear spray and a gun....just in case.


Oh well, it was a fun little road trip and I got an ice cream cone on the way back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my heck this is so funny.... you guys are the funniest ever. I hate to say it, but I am really afraid of bears. I am glad you turned around and came home.
love ya

Shannon said...

Fun idea on the Hike! WTG Ivan for surprising Tiff.
Yikes on the bears. They freak me out a bit. This stems from 'Faces of Death' and the idea of hiking while on the curse ;{ ugh.
I love your pics!

Shannon said...

P.S. You may have seen this before...because I've tried to post it three times on myfamily. So I'll do it here. I LOVE your kitchen! I especially love the blue shelves above the cupboards they look so so so cool!

About Me

My photo
Youngest of twelve children. Enough said.