Monday, October 6, 2008

Reds and Oranges


It's soon becoming one of my favorite time of the year. Fall. The leaves are just starting to get hints of red and orange. The air is cold and brisk. My scarve is bundled around my neck and a coffee cup is keeping my hands warm. I love this season.

All that said however, fall still has two setbacks I must address.

My first dillemma: Shoes. What can I wear on my feet? I can't wear any flip flops or open toe heels, it's to brisk. But I'm not to the point of slipping my feet into my uber-comfy pair of North Face snowboots. So that is the first problem with fall.

The second: Outdoor activities. Anyone who know's me know's I love to do things outside. When it's hot and sunny you can swim, wakeboard, sit at the lake, bike ride...well you get the picture. When it's cold and snowy you get to snowboard, snowshoe, have snowball fights...again, you get the picture. But fall has limits on the outdoor activities. For the most part I'd say Fall is perfect for some gorgeous hiking and walking with your dogs!

So I am not trying to disrespect the fall season, whatsoever. Every season comes with a price. Right now, however, I am enjoying the colors of the trees and the cold air filling my lungs.

7 comments:

Wendyburd1 said...

I LOVE Fall. The leaves changing, apple cider, apple cider doughnuts(LOL, we do have APPLES in CT, LOTS!), apple fritters!! It being cool enough for sweaters but not heavy duty jackets. Yes I miss my flip-flops...it's as close to barefoot you can get, but i love my cute slip-ons...Payless rocks!! And Fall means hayrides and Halloween and the smell of leaves and people starting to have fires...I lOVE it!!


http://payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensCasuals&BLC=WomensCasualsTrendy&Width=Regular&ItemCode=61796&LotNumber=064730&Type=Adult&Popularity=9&DescriptiveColor=Brown

I have these put no blue, hot pink!

Unknown said...

I posted about my ugly shoes that I drag out every fall, but I got some awesome Merril's low boots at LL Bean- perfect for wet leave stomping and every bit as comfortable as my chunky worn in shoes.

Actually, hiking and running- late morning in the fall sun- is so dreamy....I love it. I love drives though the canyons, get out for photos and sights.

Shannon said...

For me, there's always magic in the fall. It's how I felt while in school--the mystery of a new school year. And somehow it's translated to my adult life. I LOVE driving on a road when leaves are falling on my car. There's the excitement of Halloween and then Christmas is just around the corner. The fall brings anticipation for me...and I love feeling like something is going to happen......

Miss Tiff said...

Oh yes, everyone must have got me wrong. I LOVE the fall, but it does have it set backs. However I love going for a drive up in canyons, etc. just to look at the foliage.

And I love that word. Foliage.

chiccam said...

Tiff, u wear flip flops year round and you know it...Well that might have to change now because of where u leave....You would look great in winter boots...

chiccam said...

Tiff I'm trying!!!

Wendyburd1 said...

Tiff, guess what? Good news!! I tagged you!!

About Me

My photo
Youngest of twelve children. Enough said.